Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Peter Pan Syndrome

Phuket (image from jetsetter.com)

As an undergrad, I knew it was exam season when I began feverishly planning my post-exam getaways. Am slightly ashamed to admit that I’d be at the copier frantically Xeroxing the relevant lonely planet, instead of the textbooks I should well and truly have had my nose in. So after consistently spending eight semesters that way, it’s little surprise that the escapist in me has carried this guilty pleasure to the big bad working world. Less than two weeks to go before I’m done with my training contract and I’ve been spending every free moment (outside office hours, I should add) plotting where to go and what to do. Headed to Perth the day after I’m done at the firm, and then to Sydney over the National Day pseudo long weekend. After that, I’m tempted to take up a dear friend’s offer to be his guest at Turi Beach and drag granny along for some gma-gdaughter bonding.  Also currently torn between Phuket and Bali for early September. Being especially masochistic and trawling through every single deal imaginable on www.fascinating.travel in an attempt at creating my own spreadsheet to compare the various specials. Guess short jaunts are the way to go in this pre-departure period. Seeing how I’ll be away for the foreseeable future, I’m all for maxing out my year-long Australian visa and exploring the South East Asian backyard.

Psyched and counting down the days :)

Now if only the pasture I’ve been dreaming of being relegated to would materialize…

Bali (image from jetsetter.com)

No comments:

Post a Comment